Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBass Forums
 General Bass Fishing
 Season over?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lastworm
Ausbass Member

Australia
108 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  09:59:32  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone still heading out for a fish?

I think I'm done for the season and have been trying to work out how I'm going to survive the next 4 months without hitting my local bass water.

I have to say though, I managed to get out more this season than ever before, and although I didn't get a PB, I did catch more fish than any other season.

So how did everyone do? And more importantly is anyone still alive on this forum?

Tbone
Ausbass Member

421 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  11:52:50  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah still here Vince .

Went out a few times in the last few weeks
Not much on offer. Started to pack up for
Now . I'm going to organize myself to go on a trip with ZIGGY next season .

Cheers for now
DAVE
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

108 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  18:24:54  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a plan Dave, I'm considering an autumn/winter trip to Glenbawn, but we'll see if that eventuates.

Go to Top of Page

Titfish
Ausbass Member

624 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  22:05:56  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just about done. Went up to Lake St Clare for Easter and had a fish. Caught a few, not many. All it really made me realise was 2 things.
1. Boats are easier to fish out of than kayaks and
2. I would rather be in a kayak or canoe on a river far from the maddening crowd any day than be in a boat among a heap of annoying bloody skiers and wake boarders. talk about kill the mood.

I might get one more trip in over the next few weeks. I'll see how I go. If I do I'll try to get a report up.

It's been a season to forget in many ways.

Cheers
Ken
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

421 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2018 :  15:19:21  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where's the bloody rain
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

108 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2018 :  08:53:24  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get what you mean about the big lakes Ken, I do love throwing surface lures in my little creeks.

Looks like we've got ourselves right in the middle of another heat wave in Sydney this week. I was contemplating trying one more trip, but I think I'll just let it go until September when they are heading back up stream and hopefully feeding like mad.

In the meantime I'll look through the photos from the season and reminisce. Probably head into the salt and try for some bream, although I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much.
Go to Top of Page

Chep Buxley
Ausbass Member

36 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2018 :  20:24:59  Show Profile Send Chep Buxley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quiet here in SEQ too. Magnificent weather for the last few weeks. Not too hot or cold. Just need some rain............
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

108 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2018 :  10:37:16  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love watching the SEQ vids on youtube Chep. You guys definitely have a better fishery up there, the bass seem to be huge in comparison to down here in NSW.
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

421 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2018 :  12:58:22  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Vince
I went down to the big pool and I didn't
get a nible, so I had a go under the bridge
and no good down there either. That will
do me for now. I'll have a go on the salt
Come on next season

Cheers Dave.

Edited by - Tbone on 20/04/2018 13:00:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly