Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The photography Lab
 The Photo Shed
 measuring fish from a pic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Johnny_k
Ausbass Member

Australia
111 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2016 :  19:54:46  Show Profile  Click to see Johnny_k's MSN Messenger address Send Johnny_k a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey all

was just wondering if it was possible to measure a fishing from a pic?
i went out for a quick fishing the other day and left my measuring stick on the roof of my car

20 mins later i caught the biggest bass i have ever seen in person took some pics, cut a length of line the same size as the fish and placed it in my tackle box

when i got home i had some how lost the line i cut and nearly had a breakdown because i no it would of beat my pb of 43cm by almost 10cm

sorry for the novel but still a bit stressed about it haha
johnny k

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

684 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2016 :  20:26:28  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Next time use your rod as a measure and take the picture next to the rod.

Z.
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

385 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2016 :  11:10:55  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only way to do it Ziggy
Go to Top of Page

timax
Ausbass Member

306 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2016 :  15:19:17  Show Profile  Visit timax's Homepage Send timax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something in the image that is a known size? Thumb perhaps?
Personally i have never in my 40 ish years of Bass fishing actually measured a fish. Dont see the point at all. Pics for sure but never can understand why some feel the need to lay every fish on a brag mat. Not this fish Johnny as i understand its a PB. Rod and or lure in the shot is what i like.
T
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000