Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBass Forums
 Bass ByCatch
 The long skinny bass?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Adu
Ausbass Member

Australia
73 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2015 :  10:51:58  Show Profile Send Adu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i fished for a couple of hours and hit all the best snags with many perfect casts going unrewarded. I had a couple of obviously tiny bass hitting and missing and one powerful, explosive strike that knocked the lure about 1m away from the snag.

on the way back just after dark I was pretty depressed but i was sure to hit that pocket where i got the the big hit. I put in one of those casts thats so close to the edge you may be snagged. Went to twitch and it felt like a snag. I had the $#!ts so I just gave it some real pressure then boom it felt like I was on. It was in such a deep pocket I got wrapped around a submerged log pretty quick. after a long wrestle and some pretty intricate kayak manoeuvring I managed to get the fish out......

60+ Eel capped of a dismal session really. straightened the hooks on my lure as soon as i gripped the pliers around the hook. Oh well at least i got my lure back. no pic as i hate the slimy, serpentine brutes.

GRAVY
Ausbass Member

137 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2015 :  13:09:01  Show Profile Send GRAVY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Worse when they snap you off and you lose a $30+ lure
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000